Monday, August 11, 2008

No longer a Tamagotchi

The baby is 2 months old today! I have survived another month of breastfeeding, night feeds, diaper changes and working with him in the studio. This month, I have been rewarded with coos and smiles from the little darling :) And loud chuckles on a few occasions.

The first month he was more like a tamagotchi - just feed him and clean him. Now he reacts to people and the surroundings, more fun to have around. He's also grown! I have to stop myself pinching his cheeks and squeezing his thighs a lot of times throughout the day :p

Dylan is also The Studio Loft's baby demo unit. Here's an example of how we use him. The other day a baby came in, same age as him with the ever protective granny hovering around during the shoot. When i asked to put baby on his tummy, she gawked and said he's too young! I shot her a look then proceeded to the cot to bring Dylan over to the studio area. I put him down on his tummy and he held up his head like a good little model kekeke :p The grandma relented and her grandson did so well too lifting his head and smiling as well. Tsk tsk! Don't want to say I told you so, just need to bring over the demo unit hehee :D

Everytime Dylan smiles, the DSLR is not with me :s It's always the cameraphone that captures those precious smiles. Here's 2 I like:

His first big smile on the N73:


And this one is hilarious caught with the iPhone:


Then finally just yesterday, I decided to try again to capture his smile with the D200 and here's my prize!







Darling Dylan,
You have given me much to cheer about this month. Firstly you have started to smile when we talk to you, you also try to talk by cooing and imitating our mouth shapes as we baby talk to you and lastly I am amazed that at such a young age you know how to reach for me when you need me (either by flinging your arm at me or kicking me with your fat leg). Sorry that I keep calling you fatso, lardball and bui bui :p I also apologise for the many times I have squeezed your cheeks and thighs but they are just too delicious and chubby to resist! You have also started with that high pitch screaming a lot more now to our amusement. Oh and this month I have also discovered the trick to making you sleep longer, we put you on your tummy and HURRAY! you can last about 3 hours that way without a squeak :p Your feeds have also started to stretch from 2hourly to 3hourly. PHEW! I look forward to another fun filled month with you and Kor Kor who btw has been kissing you non stop and hugging you whenever he can. You are truly lucky to have such a loving brother :)
Love always,
Mummy

1 comment:

momoechan said...

the pix which u took of Dylan with ur iphone is so laughing buddah, soooooo chubby and cute :)

he looks like his kor kor when he was that age in the rest of his pix. but it seems like he's chubbier than Kay at that age, I don't recall Kay being as chubby or have I been losing my memory cells due to my own pregnancy? ;p