Friday, February 6, 2009

Her Morning Elegance - Oren Lavie



This video by Oren Lavie is so god damn AMAAAAAAAAAAAAZING! During the first few seconds of watching it, I thought it was shot as a video and during post, frames removed to get that staggered motion. But NO...get this, it's actually a video put together by still photos! 3225 of them! I am so inspired to do a video like that, it puts my love for photography and my background in film production together :) Definitely on my TO DO list now, arrrgh, I need more than 24hours in my life!

Fun Facts of the video:
* The video was shot all stills - roughly 3225 still photos for the entire video, using one camera, hanging from the ceiling for the main body of the movie.
* It took 4 weeks before shooting to create an animated computer generated storyboard for the video, with 3d dummies for the characters.
* It took only 2 days of shooting for the live actors on set to re-create the 3.5 minutes computer sequence, frame by frame.
* Some of the bed sheets used in the video were taken from Oren’s own bedroom and are now considered collectors items, worth at the moment not very much and therefore used as bed sheets.
*Each of the wonderfully talented people above have worked on the video for a fraction of their normal rates (except Oren who worked for his normal rate of zero).

My favourite scene is the underwater one :)

No comments: