Monday, March 8, 2010

My 54 months old baby

"Who is mummy's BIG baby?"
"ME!!!" Kayden will holler :p

54 months ago, he was a needy 4.475kg newborn. Today, he is still needy - emotionally. I didn't notice that he keeps in his heart what we say even if it wasn't meant to hurt. Like how we always comment that his eyes were small when he smiles for pictures, how didi's eyes are bigger. One day I was browsing through our pictures on the computer and he said to me, "My pictures not nice, my eyes so small :(" Awww! You cannot imagine how bad I felt after that. From then on, we tried to be more aware of his feelings.

I enjoy conversations with my boy, it amazes me daily how much he yaks and how powerful his imagination is. The other day he drew a crocodile with sharp teeth and it had a blue cloud next to it, some circles with lines to one side, he also drew a thick line that connected with a mess of circular scribbles Dylan drew on top of the crocodile. I was curious and asked why there was a cloud next to the croc? He said oh the crocodile was in the sky! Shouldn't crocodiles be on land I asked. He explained that the crocodile was in the sky because he's being lifted by the big balloon. What balloon? "The big one, see!" Then he pointed at Dylan's scribbles and then to the thick line he drew and said,"This is the balloon line." Ahhh, I understand now. What about the smaller circles with lines sticking to them? "Oh they are balloons for the crocodile's birthday party!" Hahaha! I really love his drawings, here are a few. I especially like the one in the middle of the family of dinosaurs.



We thought of sending him to art class but I had second thoughts because I love how original he is now with his drawings, would he be less imaginative if he goes for formal lessons and they teach him the "right" way?

Before he turns 5yrs (gosh they do grow up fast!), I better catch up on past events I have not blogged about. Here are some pictures from his 4th birthday party at Rasa Sentosa.

The Invite




Details


Welcome to my party!


The grouchy little brother



SJ gor gor!




Aunty Corinne, Aunty Ik Hui, Baby Chloe and Godma!





The COWabunga cake!


Mini celebration at home on his actual day


Followed by celebrations in school


After we left his school, I brought him to watch the movie UP with Dylan. Uncle Terence sponsored the UP goodie bag which had a cap, water bottle and poster plus the tickets!


He also got his wish to have his own room with a "ladder bed". The clean up of the room (ex Tubbykat HQ!) took more than a week :p But the joy on his face of having his own room was worth the effort.





Kay also started sports lesson at Shaw's Little League. They stress on having fun and a little sporting competitive spirit and he sure does enjoy himself, check out that face!


There's also a not so fun thing he has to do every sunday, chinese enrichment classes at Berries' :p Look at the grump!


He still loves his brother heaps although at times he likes to disturb the little guy. But all's good at the end of the day and they kiss (too often if you ask me!) and makeup.


Till the next post son, happy 54 months! ;)

(pictures from the D700, D200, LX3 and iPhone)

1 comment:

J.H said...

I think it's great to have a mummy photographer like you. Your sons will have tons of beautiful well kept memory to share about his childhood when he grows older. Lovely pics as usual!