Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Mothersucker



It's been 2 weeks! And a very taxing fortnight it was. With no confinement nanny, no parents or in laws helping, we are pretty much on our own. Also, I am breastfeeding the baby totally so that makes it really tough the first week but things are starting to look up.

#2 now has a name, it's Dylan Seow and he is such a cutie (in his parents' eyes at least) :) He is a little mothersucker literally but not a very good one I am afraid. His mouth is so cute and small, that he doesn't suckle the areola when nursing thus giving me terribly sore nipples :*( I clench my teeth in anticipation of the pain each time he feeds and this is at least once every 2 to 3 hours. ouch ouch! Breasts are also like rocks as the supply far exceeds the demand. Sigh, how did I do it for 21 months with Kayden?!? Am contemplating a visit to a lactation consultant if things don't get better this week.

Everyone has been asking me for photos and I am sorry it is taking so long as I hardly have time for anything else. The b&w roll of film in the Lomo has not been processed yet so that one will be sometime later. I brought home the D200 when I was discharged (yes, i went back to the studio 2 days after i had a baby!) and have been shooting baby with the 50mm only. It's so hard to catch him with his eyes open as he is only active in the evenings and i have no light to work with by then.

Anyway, here are some shots of him while sunbathing (for the slight jaundice that he has):




(the daddy screamed at me for putting him on the grass but don't you think it's a nice photo? hehe)

3 comments:

Patricea Chow-Capodieci said...

Congratulations on having the little bundle of joy called Dylan!

I think we all cannot resist capturing images of our own infant! Roberto wanted to take pictures in the operation theatre while they performed the c-section on me, but they did not allow him to bring a camera in :( But the moment Antonio was placed in our arms, Roberto whipped out the iPhone and started snapping away! Since then, we take photographs at every opportunity. So we know how you feel...

Anonymous said...

Wow, wonder woman, how you can breast feed every 2-3 hours and work at well amazes me! He is cute.

Beau Lotus 涟 said...

Congrats!!!!! He's cute, oh how I've missed having babies....

Take care Maryann and enjoy breastfeeding :-) I breastfeed my last one till he was 3, it could be so addictive.