Sunday, September 27, 2009

Let's Boogie

Ok I am angry with my mummy! This is Dylan writing. It's waaaaay past the 11th of the month and she hasn't written my 15mth old update! What has she been up to? FARMING! So what's a baby to do? I am writing my own entry this month!

It's been a really talkative month for me, I've learnt to say the first word that I know the meaning of - Neh Neh! Last month whenever I wanted milk from Mummy I will get into the nursing position on her lap. This month I've learnt to say the magic word "neh neh"! Initially when I first started uttering the word, they couldn't believe it, they thought I am just saying it for fun, one of those baby talk mumbo jumbo, BUT I showed them I mean business by lifting Mummy's top and shouting neh neh while they were all stunned into amazement. Then they started beaming proudly and laughing at me. I think it must be how cute I sound when I utter those words. I use it most often now, the moment I see Mummy in the morning, whenever I am thirsty and each time we get into the car. It drives Mummy mad because I ask for neh neh so often!

Oh and I've discovered a really cute teddy bear in our home, one that moves and makes a meow sound! His name is Mo Mo! Mummy does not let Mo Mo out into the living room often and I like to go into the kitchen to find this furry bear. I will go down on my tummy and call him Mo Mo when he is under the cabinet and I so love to touch his fur, it makes me giggle and squeal in delight! :)

I also understand Bye Bye now. It happens whenever Gor Gor goes to school in the morning or when I leave Mummy's studio with Gong Gong for a walk or when we put a toy away. Does it mean something's going away?

Mummy has been telling Daddy that I can understand her but Daddy does not believe her. Everytime Mummy calls me and says we are going out, I will walk to where my shoes are and bring them to her with a loud, "NAH!". I will then proceed to sit on Mummy's crosslegged lap as she puts my shoes on for me. She is very impressed how I learnt this shoe trick without anyone teaching. She must think all babies are dumb :s You should have seen her face when the other day in the studio I poured the flowers out of the basket and she said for fun (assuming that I will not understand) with fingers pointing to the objects that I was a naughty boy and that I should pick up the flowers and put them back into the basket. I looked at her and swiftly proceeded to pick up ALL the flowers and put them back one by one into the basket! The look on her face was priceless. She tried to tell Daddy about how clever I was to have understood her but he was sure that she was making all this up. One day I will show Daddy!

I've also come to understand the logic of belonging and association. Whenever one of my teddy bears are being used by Mummy while she shoots for other kids, I get mad and points at the bear to be returned to me. It makes me really angry when she ignores me. Doesn't she know that all the stuff toys are mine? I also know what belongs to others, I will often bring Mummy's iPhone to her with a loud, "NAH!" when I see it lying about. The other day I pooped but it wasn't smelly enough for Mummy to notice so I went to her bag and started pulling out a clean diaper from there. She saw me fiddling with her bag and began to tell me off. When I finally got the diaper out of the bag, I brought it to her and said, "NAH!" again. She took the diaper and was about to put it back into the bag when she smelt my poop. Kekekeke! Then her face brightened up with realisation and she started screaming for Daddy to come see how smart I was. Yes Mummy, I love to surprise you with my intelligence sometimes :P

Lately, I've also started to grove to music. Mind you, it's not just the regular up and down dance babies do, I really know how to boogie! Up down, shoulders left and right, head bobbing up and down in headbanging style and all in time with the beats and rhythm of the songs. I dunno where I got my boogie genes from because my parents sure can't dance ;)

Anyway it's really late and I need to get some shut eye, I hope to write to you all again soon.

*boogie* *shake* *bob*
Dyl Dyl

No comments: