Friday, September 4, 2009

Now I know what I've been missing

Last Saturday, I bought my first full frame DSLR, the Nikon D700. I tested it out immediately at home on the kids. It was already night, and they were both watching Ice Age 2 (check out their intense concentration and occasional bursts of laughter from Kayden), so that will have to do. I pumped up the ISO to 6400 expecting some noise but CHECK IT OUT, this shot below at 100% zoom, at a ridiculous ISO6400, it is freaking AMAZING! I was blown away by the performance of my new toy! Now I know what we Nikonians have been missing from the Canonians :p Even the grain is unlike those annoying digital garb I get from my D200, the grain on the D700 is almost film like. I can't be happier with my buy, this is one SUPER DUPER CAMERA, now when's my 20mm coming?

at 100% zoom:


all the images were converted to monotones within the camera and I just added a slight curve in photoshop










Dylan discovered my camera and tried to make a grab at it ;)


7 comments:

kristalangel said...

awesome !!!!

J.H said...

supercute!

kristalangel said...

sigh. I'm still waiting for my hubby to buy me a Canon EOS 500D. I'd be super happy with that.

My princess bernice said...

beautiful pictures

maryann koh said...

thanks y'all! wow kristal, your hint to hubby not big enough la! drop a bigger one ;P

kristalangel said...

Maryann,
u know what I'm using now? My Canon G3 .. it's like 4 megapixels and like almost 6 yrs old !! .. But he says that it's still working .. no need to buy.
SIGH.

maryann koh said...

hahaha i know what you mean kristal! do you know i own the G1?!?!?! that's more than 10yrs old!