Friday, September 4, 2009

Now I know what I've been missing

Last Saturday, I bought my first full frame DSLR, the Nikon D700. I tested it out immediately at home on the kids. It was already night, and they were both watching Ice Age 2 (check out their intense concentration and occasional bursts of laughter from Kayden), so that will have to do. I pumped up the ISO to 6400 expecting some noise but CHECK IT OUT, this shot below at 100% zoom, at a ridiculous ISO6400, it is freaking AMAZING! I was blown away by the performance of my new toy! Now I know what we Nikonians have been missing from the Canonians :p Even the grain is unlike those annoying digital garb I get from my D200, the grain on the D700 is almost film like. I can't be happier with my buy, this is one SUPER DUPER CAMERA, now when's my 20mm coming?

at 100% zoom:


all the images were converted to monotones within the camera and I just added a slight curve in photoshop










Dylan discovered my camera and tried to make a grab at it ;)


7 comments:

kristalangel said...

awesome !!!!

J.H said...

supercute!

kristalangel said...

sigh. I'm still waiting for my hubby to buy me a Canon EOS 500D. I'd be super happy with that.

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures

maryann koh said...

thanks y'all! wow kristal, your hint to hubby not big enough la! drop a bigger one ;P

kristalangel said...

Maryann,
u know what I'm using now? My Canon G3 .. it's like 4 megapixels and like almost 6 yrs old !! .. But he says that it's still working .. no need to buy.
SIGH.

maryann koh said...

hahaha i know what you mean kristal! do you know i own the G1?!?!?! that's more than 10yrs old!