Sunday, December 19, 2010

the WOW experience

It's no secret that I am very proud of my Kayden's art. He can draw very well from just using his imagination and some of his art are really abstract which I love. Check out his "Fire Rocket in Space" piece below.



Racing Cars


Family of Dinosaurs


Erwin and I have talked about encouraging this artistic side of him by sending him for art classes but I was kind of afraid that structured lessons teaching him the "proper" way of drawing, painting etc may influence or limit his creativity. So we have been sitting on the fence till now.

Last week, the kids and I were invited to a sneak preview of WowART Learning Studio's Holiday Workshop!



This was a great opportunity for me to check out art lessons for the kids and the boys were excited to be taken early out of school as well :) When we got there, I was amazed by some of the art on display done by kids as young as 3 years old. Here's an artpiece by a 4 year old titled Peacock. WOW!



At this workshop, we were supposed to create a whimsical Christmas art with the theme of Fantasy & Magical dreams. Now here's the catch, the kids were put in one room to do their art and we adults were placed in another room to do ours! I was afraid Dylan would act up without me around but the instructors assured me that he was blending in well and participating intently. I took a peek every now and then and he really seemed very serious about his art together with his gor gor by his side!





Here are some pictures on Wow's facebook. Check out Dyl's serious face :p

After about an hour, we finally finished and the artwork of the kids were compared with that of the adults. Adults' work tended to be more deliberate, we were more obsessed about getting things "right". The kids' work were more spontaneous :) Nonetheless everyone's work looked great!





WowART aims to develop creative confidence and inspiring expressions. They believe every child is an individual, and are confident that each child learns best when they explore, observe, express and play. To ensure that every child gets the most out of his learning experience, class sizes are kept small, to allow their team of dedicated and well trained instructors to nurture and encourage each child to grow intellectually, emotionally and creatively. Their learning courses are for children from the ages of 2 and a half years to 12 years old.



I like it that they use many different mediums in their art classes, from clay handling to glass painting! Do check out their website for more details. Here's to more WOW art from my boys in the weeks to come :)

I've hung their whimsical Christmas art pieces as ornaments on our Christmas tree. Don't they look great?





*all pictures in this post shot and edited with the iPhone*

No comments: