Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2 Lenses & 2 Books

It's been a long time since I bought a lens to add to my small collection and today by just getting ONE particular lens (the Nikon 17-35mm f2.8), I spent a LOT! Believe me, it took a while for me to decide on this against getting 3 prime lenses (which would probably cost less). The ultimate push factor was my subjects. They are kids. They won't hang around long enough while I change between the 3 prime lenses. There! No brainer :p

Then while I was at the evil place (Cathay), the tendency to get other stuff is HIGH. The devil of a salesman will sing "oh by the way, you may WANT to get this". So there, I got the Lensbaby too kekeke :p Will try it out on Bloom shoots soon.

I can't remember the last time I bought a book that didn't have kiddy illustrations in it or wasn't a storybook. The past few years I have been buying lots of books for Kay and maybe just a few photography magazines for myself. The girls and I passed by Riceball enroute to Cathay and I bought 2 books on portraiture for self improvement :)

Note to self: Do not let today's buys become white elephants!

No comments: